Friday, May 20, 2011

Truth Be Told

Truth Be Told


Parachute The Way it Was Album Review

Posted: 19 May 2011 10:32 PM PDT


Parachute
Album Title: The Way it Was
Release Date: May 17 2011
Label: The Island Def Jam Music Group
Genre: Pop Rock
Source: For Review

My Review
Parachute's newest album is absolutely packed with romance and sweet as sugar vocals. This album will not only have your head bobbing along but the lyrics will appeal to any romantic at heart.

Kiss Me Slowly, one of the songs of Parachute's newest album was co-written with Lady Antebellum, and let me tell you, it is one of the best songs off this album. Kiss Me Slowly tells a beautiful story about getting over heartbreak and a tough past. The singer's voice is perfect for these lyrics. He has a way of singing the words at just the right notes to get the message across.

"Hold my breath as you're moving in,

Taste your lips and feel your skin.

When the time comes, baby don't run, just kiss me slowly."

"Kiss Me Slowly"

Parachute's lyrics are so poetic at heart. The songs are written with so much emotive force. Even the few lines above can make you feel something deep.

The Way It Was completely summarizes Parachute's musical style; a mix between sweet vocals and quick popish background music. They are a band you will want to hear as the sun sets on a summer night. This album takes me back to the sweetest moments of my teen years.

I wish the album had a few more slow songs, or maybe a couple with a bit of a raw sound, but all in all, it's a great album and I'll be putting this on repeat more than once.

1/2
LIKE!


Parachute's newest album The Way it Was earns three and a half lanterns from Truth Be Told. I hate half lanterns but I had a hard time deciding and in the end it just felt right.

Favorite Song: "What I Know" because I love the acoustic guitar intro and quick vocals.

Buy this if you like: Plain White Tee's or Maroon 5


FREEBIE!

Right now you can download one of my favorite songs, "What I know" on Itunes for free. This is for a limited time only so act fast. I'm sure you'll end up liking the band like I did. 

No comments:

Post a Comment