Monday, May 23, 2011

EverythingEtsy.com

EverythingEtsy.com


Anthropologie or Etsy?

Posted: 23 May 2011 09:30 AM PDT

Have you ever compared your favorite store with handmade or vintage items from Etsy?  The results might surprise you!

I took a few moments to compare items from one of the coolest stores, Anthropologie, with similar items being sold by some Etsy sellers with a lot of style!

Do you think handmade or vintage items come with a big price tag?

Well, let me show you what I found

ScreenHunter_05 May. 23 10.26

This cool beaded bracelet from Anthropologie is $220

Well, let's just say that's out of my price range at the moment so I'll have to do without this fun bracelet.

A little searching on Etsy and I found this…

il_fullxfull.245875737

An awesome bracelet from chickadee studios for only $30!!!!

Wow!  Is the first one really worth THAT much more?  Not to me!

ScreenHunter_06 May. 23 10.58

This little Summer Dress from Anthropologie is $118.  It's pretty, but I thought I could find a better deal.

il_570xN.225283315

How about this strapless dress on Etsy for only $29 from Aloha Summer?  It's perfect for the beach and I wouldn't have to worry about spilling my fruity frozen cocktail on it! 

il_570xN.195200011

 You tell me…are these from Etsy or Anthropologie?

ScreenHunter_04 May. 23 10.04

The first pair of flats can be found on Etsy from Hydra Hearthandmade for $50!

The Anthropologie Ossetra Flats will cost you $158

I even like the pair from Hydra Heart better…yay for handmade!

For all of you that might like a silver snake ring…

Vintage sterling silver ring on Etsy for $65 or Eternal Ardor Band at Anthropologie for $198.

I didn't share the photos because I don't like snakes…ha!

ScreenHunter_07 May. 23 11.13

Well, these are some serious designer sunglasses from Anthropologie with a price tag to show it…$450!  WHAT???

il_570xN.207248158

I'd have to go with these vintage {from the 80s – oh my gosh I can't believe that's all vintage stuff now!} white sunglasses$12.99That's a deal!

ScreenHunter_08 May. 23 11.39

I'm not sure if anyone would really pay $1450 for this terrarium found on Anthropologie, but you never know I guess!

This is more my speed…

il_570xN.244152110

A glass globe terrarium kit on Etsy for $25!  That works!

Take a look around Etsy before you run out to your favorite store, you might find something even better for less!!

What kind of fun things have you purchased on Etsy?

~Kim


No comments:

Post a Comment