Monday, March 21, 2011

EverythingEtsy.com

EverythingEtsy.com


FedEx Etsy Discount {Save on Shipping?}

Posted: 21 Mar 2011 06:51 AM PDT

FedEx Image3So, I found out this morning that FedEx is offering Etsy Sellers a pretty decent discount. 21% off on Express {won’t be using that much} and 20% off on most other shipping services that are used by the typical Etsy seller.

For me, the main draw is FedEx Ground as an option to UPS or my normal go-to service, the Post Office. I’m not human shipping rates calculator, but I think this is going to make FedEx a better deal on larger packages around 3-5 pounds. But I don’t think it will work out as a savings on small packages which are often only a couple of bucks with the USPS.

FedEx does have much better tracking which is helpful to both seller and buyer, and the online shipping tool at FedEx.com is easier to use than the USPS Shipping Assistant.

I went through the process to sign-up for a new account with FedEx and it was relatively simple, though look below for a big bold important tip.

Starting Point

Check out the Etsy Program Page at FedEx.com.

FedEx Image1

I read through most of the FAQ’s etc. and it all seemed pretty straightforward. I then just clicked on the link at the bottom of the white portion of this page that says “Apply Now” and chose to set-up a new account.

When I was done, it automatically brought me to my new account.

This is where things got a little bit annoying for a Monday morning! I went all over the place looking to see if the Etsy Program discounts were being applied. There is nothing there.

I was about to call the 800 number when I noticed that I had an email from FedEx…

FedEx Image2

I can think of a few better places for THAT information.

So, I’ll check back tomorrow and see what I see.

Here’s that link again: FedEx Etsy Discount Program

Have you had any experience shipping with FedEx? How has it worked out? Cost comparisons, anyone?

~Kim


No comments:

Post a Comment