Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Truth Be Told

Truth Be Told


Top Ten Tuesdays: Books into Movies

Posted: 22 Feb 2011 10:33 AM PST

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme held at The Broke and The Bookish. Each week you can create a top ten list based on the theme The Broke and The Bookish choose.

This week is top ten books that are made into movies. Ones that came out well, and didn't butcher the books.

Twilight (The Twilight Saga, Book 1)In no particular order:

1. Twilight by Stephanie Meyer, I know I'm going to get a ton of comments about this one, but I actually favor this book, and this movie more than any of the other ones.

2. The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown. I read this book back when I was 15, or 16. I absolutely loved it, I read it in one night, and the movie took me back to that moment, where I had no clue what was going to happen.
Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist


3. Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan. Although the book had a couple of scenes that weren't in the movie, I thought the characters where captured fairly well, and the overall idea of it was shown through the actors.

4. Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carrol. Although the movie was more of a continuation of the story, I honestly loved both. I love Tim Burton and I am a huge fan of the original book, so it was a win win in my opinion.

5. The Outsiders by S. E. Hinton. I think the movie captured just what the book was trying to tell everyone. Again, I equally loved both, and the casting went along with the characters.

6. Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone by JK Rowling. I loved the first book and was just as drawn into the movie as I was with the first book.

NOW... Here is where I am totally lame. I haven't seen the movies from some of the books I've read, or they are on my TBR, or I have only seen the movie but not the book. So I'll share 4 that I HAVE to see.

1. I HAVE to see Flipped, I just read the book and want to see how the movie compares, and how the movie will handle the changing POV.

It's Kind of a Funny Story (Movie Tie-in Edition)2. It's Kind of a Funny Story. I WANT to read the book and see the movie. I love that nerdy guy actor, he rocks. Plus, I am kind of into all of those music scene, indie type of movies.

3. I am Number 4. I just purchased the book and will be reading it before I see the movie next weekend.

4. I've seen Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson but I have yet to read the book, I just recently received a copy so I'll have to compare the two.


Thanks for joining me! What are your top ten?

No comments:

Post a Comment