Wednesday, February 9, 2011

EverythingEtsy.com

EverythingEtsy.com


Etsy Shop SEO {Video Tutorial}

Posted: 09 Feb 2011 06:02 PM PST

Well my goodness!  It’s a week of new things here at Everything Etsy!  First the Everything Etsy Directory which has had close to 400 Etsy Shops submitted in four days! Now our first in-depth video tutorial.

I have to admit, it was fun to make!  It was kind of like Tim and I playing “radio show” as he handles most of the techy side of things while I try and pry out the things that he thinks are obvious and push him past the things that make normal people slip into a coma. :-)

This is an in-depth demonstration and the video lasts 22 minutes.  But the tips could prove to be very valuable to you in the long-run, so if you have questions about how to optimize your site for search engines, you’ll love it.

Everything Etsy University – Basic Etsy Shop SEO from Everything Etsy on Vimeo.

For more information, check out the post from last year that spells out the details of keyword research.

We hope it was helpful!  Feel free to embed the video on your blog if you would like to share it, and if you’re left with questions or have any comments, leave them here!

~Kim


Yarn Love

Posted: 09 Feb 2011 05:34 AM PST

pom pom 1

Once the cold weather started blowing this way I thought about making a little something with yarn.  Now I have about 12 different colors and types…I should have stock in our local craft store!  That's how I create!

I haven't made a pom pom since I was little and they were always a little messy.  I found a pom pom maker and thought I'd give it another try.  How fun…I don't know what I'm going to do with them yet, but they're fun to make and look cute.  Cute is good!

scarf 1

This super soft yarn {Lion Brand Nature's Choice Organic Cotton} was screaming at me from the craft store shelf and it wanted to be something just for me. :)   I made a scarf that makes me want to move to Alaska so I can wear it all the time!  {Or maybe just a visit would do…lol}

I'm really not able to crochet anything fancy, but I do find it to be relaxing.  Do you know what I mean?  It's like your hands are busy and you stop thinking of the one million things on your to-do list for a bit.  That's nice!  I'd love to have the time and patience to learn a few new stitches…one day.

wool yarn 1

Oh my gosh…this yarn is awesome! Lion Brand Wool-Ease is chunky and soft!  Yes, I like soft and chunky yarn and wish I could have stacks of it around.  Too bad you can't feel it!  Next time your in the store, just run on over by the yarn and give it a little squeeze…you'll see what I'm talking about. Ha!

I made booties with these.  You may call them slippers, but I'm going with what my great-grandmother called them.  I don't have any photos to share because they were on someone's feet the moment they were finished.  This yarn made them extra amazing! I made some in with the yarn above and a beautiful blue.  It was a test of my crocheting skills at first, but now I've got it down.  Yippee!

red crochet heart

The last of my little yarn goodies…hearts.  I made a bunch of them in all different colors.  Can you have too many?  I'm not sure yet.

Do you crochet or knit? What have you made?  I'd love to hear about your creations and any simple ideas you might have for my collection of yarn!

~Kim


No comments:

Post a Comment