Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Locket Art {Tutorial}

Locket Art {Tutorial}


Locket Art {Tutorial}

Posted: 09 Aug 2011 06:08 AM PDT

locket 2

The other day I needed something pretty to match my brand new outfit and I couldn't find anything that really matched.  Of course, that meant I needed to make something!  Am I the only one that thinks this way?  I don't think so.  

Here's what I came up with…Locket Art.  It was one of the quickest projects I've ever done and it might just be my new favorite!

locket 3 IMG_3419

I started with one of the crystal clear lockets that I've been selling for over a year now in my Etsy shop.  Well, I guess I'm a little slow sometimes, but I always thought of these holding beautiful family photos and not too much more.

Then I gathered up a little matching Bella Blue wool felt and a couple scrapbook goodies I found on a clearance pile the other day.  {I don't even scrapbook…so I must have a craft supply shopping addiction.}

locket 4 IMG_3424

I checked to see what would look the best and fit in the locket.  I can't believe how this butterfly matches my new skirt…love it!

locket 5 IMG_3430

I tried a couple options and using part of the arrow looked pretty neat.  You could even use one pattern for the front and one for the back.

locket 6 IMG_3437

I trimmed it all to fit and placed it in the locket.  I didn't use any glue so I can change it to match something else in minutes by changing the butterfly to something else. 

The thought of using this one locket to have matching jewelry for any outfit totally thrills me!  

locket 7 IMG_3457

Lockets aren't just for photos…create a little art of your own!

What a great little gift idea for the person that has everything.  I only have 3 of these lockets left in the shop since I took one for myself.  Hurry and get yours before they're gone!

~Kim

Subscribe to Everything Etsy to stay in touch!


No comments:

Post a Comment