Friday, August 26, 2011

Burlap Wreath {Tutorial} – Burlap+Blue

Burlap Wreath {Tutorial} – Burlap+Blue


Burlap Wreath {Tutorial} – Burlap+Blue

Posted: 25 Aug 2011 04:16 PM PDT

Hello, Everything Etsy readers! This is Linda, from burlap+blue, and I’m thrilled to be here today showing you all how to make a fun and easy wreath…

DSC03598

I wanted something simple, colorful and fun, and this wreath has all that in spades.

Materials:

  • Wreath form
  • strips of burlap (or fabric of your choosing)
  • Flower punch (mine is Martha Stewart)
  • Cardstock or paint chips
  • Pins of your choosing

DSC03571
Step 1: Wrap your wreath with your fabric of choice, and punch out your flower shapes (a butterfly punch would make a sweet wreath as well). I wanted a rainbow effect for mine, but any color palette would work!

DSC03574

Step 2: Using your pins (mine have a pearl head), attach flowers to your wreath form. I also bent the leaves of my flowers slightly to add a little bit of dimension.

DSC03578

Step 3: Continue around your wreath, pinning and bending until you’ve reached your desired look.

DSC03599

That’s it! Just hang and admire!

Thank you so much for letting me share my wreath here today!

Thanks, Linda!!  I love the thought of using paint chips!

Since you used pins to hold the flowers on, it seems like it would be easy to switch it out for different holidays.  You could pin leaves for Fall or blue snowflakes for Winter without creating a whole new wreath.

Check out Linda's blog and Etsy shop…you'll love them!


No comments:

Post a Comment