Thursday, January 20, 2011

Truth Be Told

Truth Be Told


Simple Changes for a Better Life!

Posted: 19 Jan 2011 02:03 PM PST

I have sworn to myself that this year will be one of the best years of my life. I mean this in so many different ways. Figuring out how to change your life for the better can often take up a lot of effort or too much time. This year, I have made myself many goals, to lose a little bit of weight, to improve my vocabulary, to go do things for myself (not just the family), and to work on some of my skills; such as cooking and organizing. I'd like to share some of the ways I have already started improving my life.


To start off, I make it a point to commit to anything and everything at least one week before I fully give up on it. Give or take a few days depending on the actual habit. Take for example; I committed myself to going to the gym and building up my endurance. The first few days I went, I came home exhausted. I could barely handle half of what I used to back when I was in high school. However, I did not let that discourage me. I committed and started seeing improvement on the second week of going six days a week. I was able to build up speed and resistance (treadmill) and not be excruciatingly sore the next day.

Another habit I am trying to build, this one was a bit tougher. Cooking every meal of the day. That may sound like one of the easiest things, especially for those moms out there who have been doing it for years. However, previously, all of the meals I made where simple. I would make soups, pizzas, casserole's, things like that. I wanted to expand to make savory chili's, or from scratch meatloaf. Mainly, I wanted to do it on my own, and in healthier ways. I started building this healthy habit was by setting times in the day to cook and prepping ahead of time. The first few days where the most difficult, but now, I can cook a delicious meal with 3 sides in under an hour, with the little one tagging around too!

30 Days to a More Powerful VocabularyOne of the simpler, less time consuming things I am doing to better my life, is following a better vocabulary workbook I purchased. This book is laid out to take a full month, only fifteen minutes each day. I have been using this for a couple of weeks now and I can already see small improvements in my writing and reading comprehension. (Book I use on Left) 

The main point I want to suggest, when thinking up new goals in your life, is to set a schedule for yourself and just stick with it. If you can get through those first couple of weeks, chances are you will build a lasting healthy habit.

 
Disclosure: I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms and Simply Orange® blogging program. If I am one of the first 65 blogs received by SocialsMoms, I will receive a $25 Target gift card and a gift pack that includes a Simply Orange® cooler bag and logoed fleece.

No comments:

Post a Comment