Saturday, January 1, 2011

Truth Be Told

Truth Be Told


End of 2010 Survey

Posted: 31 Dec 2010 05:46 PM PST

The Perpetual Page Turner is hosting an end of the year survey so I decided to participate.



1. Best book of 2010?: There is a pretty close tie between Nightshade by Andrea Cremer and Brightly Woven by Alexandra Bracken. I don't think enough people gave Brightly Woven enough credit. I loved it and it was amazing.
Brightly Woven


2. Worst book of 2010?
I hate this one, I feel so mean answering it, but I really didn't enjoy Rich and Mad. I felt like it just didn't really have a point.

3. Most Disappointing Book of 2010? Again, I feel bad, but I guess everyone has different tastes. I really wanted to love The Thirteenth Chime but I just didn't. I still haven't finished it but who knows maybe it will pick up0.

4. Most surprising (in a good way!) book of 2010? This is a good one, I LOVED Bitter Melon by Cara Chow, I really thought I would like it but in the end the book just WOWED me. Great read, especially for teens.
Bitter Melon

5. Book you recommended to people most in 2010? I would have to say Kissed by an Angel by Elizabeth Chandler, although it wasn't published in 2010. If you want a 2010 book I recommended most it would have to be Firelight by Sophie Jordan.
Kissed by an Angel: Kissed by an Angel; The Power of Love; Soulmates


6. Best series you discovered in 2010? The Iron Fey Series by Julie Kagawa, outside of that The Hunger Games although it was published a while ago.
The Iron Daughter (Harlequin Teen)

7. Favorite new authors you discovered in 2010? Julie Kagawa, Rachel Cohn and David Leviathon, both together and separate. I also love Suzanne Collins and Sara Dessen.

8. Most hilarious read of 2010? Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist, I just read it but it was published a while ago too. Out of this years Debuts I would have to say Paranormalcy was freaking hilarious.

9. Most thrilling, unputdownable book in 2010? Nightshade by Andrea Cremer.
Nightshade: Book 1

10. Book you most anticipated in 2010? Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver, it was one I didn't get my hands on until way after it came out!

11. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2010? I love the cover of Firelight, Nightshade, and Torment. All are so artsy and in your face.
Firelight
12. Most memorable character in 2010? Evie from Paranormalcy, she was so exciting to read about. That book just rocked.
Paranormalcy. by Kiersten White

13. Most beautifully written book in 2010? Again, Brightly Woven. That was just such an intricately weaved tale.


14. Book that had the greatest impact on you in 2010? Kissed by an Angel by Elizabeth Chandler just drew me out of a reading funk I was in. I loved that book.


15. Book you can't believe you waited UNTIL 2010 to finally read? I would have to say Fallen by Lauren Kate and The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins.
The Hunger Games: Book 1

No comments:

Post a Comment