Monday, January 10, 2011

EverythingEtsy.com

EverythingEtsy.com


Success on Etsy {It’s a Sure Thing}

Posted: 10 Jan 2011 08:38 AM PST

etsy puzzle

Being successful on Etsy is a sure thing.

Hmmpfff…you say? Don’t scoff, it’s a true statement. Would you doubt any of these statements?

  • Someone is going to move-in to the new house being built down the block.
  • My husband is going to get a speeding ticket because he always drives 20mph over the limit.
  • I put a dollar in a jar every day. I’m going to have $100.00 in my jar in a few months.

Okay, then how about these:

  • I research what products people want. I look for places where my skills meet-up with what people want. I’m going to develop a product that I can make and people want.
  • I make my products every day. I add three new products to my shop every week and relist the ones I sell. I’m going to have over 150 items in my shop in one year.
  • I look at the photography in the shops that have great sales. I take my pictures at different times of day with different backdrops and lighting. I’m learning to use software to make my pictures better. I’m going to have better pictures than my competition.
  • I think about the way buyers will feel when they open the package I send. I put a little extra work into packaging my sales to make them feel great. I’m going to get repeat business and referrals.
  • I’m always paying attention to be sure I don’t miss customer testimonials. I save them in a special place all together. I’m going to have a huge collection of testimonials soon.
  • I have a blog that talks about the things my customers are interested in. I write on my blog every week (at least). In a year, I’m going to have an information resource that my customers will enjoy.
  • facebook2I have a Facebook Page for my business. I put my blog posts on Facebook and I interact with people on Facebook. I promote my Facebook Page on my blog and in my Etsy shop. In a year, I’m going to have hundreds of Facebook fans.
  • twitterI’ve noticed that many successful online sellers have large Twitter followings. I watch how they use Twitter and I’m learning how to do be a good “Twitterer” myself. I follow new people every day, I retweet other’s tweets, and I promote my Twitter account on my blog and in my shop. I’ll have a large Twitter following in a few months.
  • I interact with and get encouragement from other Etsy sellers at Etsypreneur.com. I’ll learn from the experience of others and build relationships by being helpful.

It’s a Sure Thing!

These are a few of the essentials of being successful on Etsy. They may be somewhat simplified but the point is obvious. Just like the first example of building a house, if you follow the steps and repeatedly work at it every day, you will build a successful online business. No doubt about it.

So if your goal is to build your Etsy shop into a full-time business, just work smart and take heart, it’s a sure thing!

Go Etsy!

~ Kim


No comments:

Post a Comment