Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Truth Be Told

Truth Be Told


Tour Guest Post: Carrie Harris

Posted: 19 Jul 2011 11:53 AM PDT

This or That List – Jonah Grable from Bad Taste in Boys by Carrie Harris


Note from Carrie Harris: Jonah is the freshman geek king and younger brother of Kate Grable, kick-butt zombie hunter. And I know I should have a crush on Aaron, but I have a confession to make—I'm TEAM JONAH all the way. He's the kind of guy you don't expect random heroics from, but when his sister's in trouble, he stands firm. I find that irresistible.


Coffee or Tea?
Mountain Dew! I'm hoping that if I drink enough of it, I might actually start to glow in the dark. Kate would say that's not scientifically feasible, but ZOMBIES ARE REAL, so I don't think we can be so dismissive of extraordinary phenomena.


Ebooks or Physical Books?
Ebooks. I'm most comfortable with my hands on a keyboard. And there's less danger of paper cuts.


Piano or Guitar?
Guitar. My parents made me take piano lessons, and I hated them. I get enough grief as the smallest guy in the class, but after they forced me to play Yankee Doodle in the junior high talent show? Let's just say that I got cornered in the locker room, and there was a permanent marker involved. I scrubbed and scrubbed, but my forehead still said, "Doodle" for days.


Zombies or Unicorns?
Zombies! Do you have any idea how awesome the zombie infestation was? And my sister and I ran one over with the car, and I got to fight one, and it was so awesome. Did I mention that it was awesome?


Football or Basketball?
I'm not a sports guy. But I guess I'll pick football. I was the mascot at all our football games, but that had less to do with the game and more to do with the fact that Kiki Carlyle is the head varsity football cheerleader, and I still hold out hope that she'll realize we're meant to be.


Clean cut or rough around the edges?
Neither, dude! But I like clean cut girls, if that's what you mean. Rough girls eat guys like me for breakfast.


New York or Los Angeles?
I've never been to either, but I'd totally love to go. My parents don't take us normal places. We once went on a road trip to see statues. Did you know there's a Superman statue in Illinois? We drove ten hours to see it, and I can say without a doubt that it was nine hours too long.


Only sleeping one hour a day and being exhausted or sleeping twenty hours a day but feeling great?
My life is an exercise in sleep dep, but that's how I like it. Late nights are the best times to play MMOs.


Music or movies?
Movies! It's how I learn my best swordplay moves!


Traveling to the past or traveling to the future?
I'd totally go to the future, dude. I'm hoping that they'll invent robot girlfriends someday soon, or maybe I could steal the technology and make one NOW.


Thanks for the awesome post Carrie, can't wait to read your novel Bad Taste in Boys.

Bad Taste in Boys by Carrie Harris

Synopsis:
Someone's been a very bad zombie.

Kate Grable is horrified to find out that the football coach has given the team steroids. Worse yet, the steriods are having an unexpected effect, turning hot gridiron hunks into mindless flesh-eating zombies. No one is safe--not her cute crush Aaron, not her dorky brother, Jonah . . . not even Kate! She's got to find an antidote--before her entire high school ends up eating each other. So Kate, her best girlfriend, Rocky, and Aaron stage a frantic battle to save their town . . . and stay hormonally human. .











No comments:

Post a Comment