Thursday, July 28, 2011

Truth Be Told

Truth Be Told


My Daughter's Distinct Style

Posted: 27 Jul 2011 05:00 PM PDT

My little love bug has been known to have her own distinct personality, and with that strong personality comes a strong sense of individuality that transfers into her sense of style. Already so young she has begun to show her own sense of style. Whenever we go shopping I try to take my daughter with me because she likes to go shopping almost as much as I do. We spend time together and browse the racks.


My daughter, much like her mother, has been known to pick clothes that stand out among the rest. One of her favorite outfits involves striped multicolored pants with a flowy purple top and pink high top converse. Picking out her own clothes has given her a sense of independence and has even helped her learn her colors. She already knows what matching and not matching is.

I think the greatest part about being young and having a strong style is messing around with styles you may not be able to do as you get older. My daughter loves getting funky shoes, tennis shoes with shiny glitter, fancy high top converse, ballet slippers, anything she can wear she will want.

Part of discovering style is just trying different things and I think it's awesome that children can do that for years.

My daughter loves sassy shirts almost as I do. She has a shirt with a skunk on it that says Love Stinks. That shirt is one of her favorites, not only is it cute but it is also very soft.

My little love bug is about as girly as they come. She loves the idea of wearing soft floral dresses in the summer and cute flowy skirts. You can often see her staring at pretty flats as we browse the story because to her, any time we go out is an occasion to dress up. I can totally imagine her dressing high fashion when she hits high school. She also loves playing with fun patterns and fun colors that don't normally go together.

I always do my best to encourage my daughter to have her own individual style. I don't want to pressure her to follow other people's style or a style that she "should" follow based on what the media thinks. I think as she gets older I'm going to continue to encourage her to dress as she pleases, as long as it doesn't show too much skin.

Do your children have their own distinct style?

"I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms and jcpenney blogging program, for a gift card worth $50. For more information on how you can participate, click here."

No comments:

Post a Comment