Friday, July 22, 2011

Keep Learning, Stay Young!

Keep Learning, Stay Young!


Keep Learning, Stay Young!

Posted: 21 Jul 2011 10:57 PM PDT

keeplearning

Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young. The greatest thing in life is to keep your mind young. – Henry Ford

When I look at some of the things I’ve had to learn in order to sell online I’m often a bit surprised by it all.

Some of the things we talk about, like Etsy Shop SEO, or how to create an etsy banner, or how to make a pinterest button, are things I never would have thought I would learn in this lifetime.

I just didn’t see it coming. At all.

Yet I’m so happy about it because I’m working this whole new part of my brain. I’m constantly learning new things and always yearning for more!

Just like the quote says, I think it keeps us young to learn new things.

Embrace Learning and Avoid Frustration

One of the challenges I’ve faced is getting mad at myself, life, or the world in general because I don’t know how to do something. I’m facing that exact thing right now with my maddening quest to learn to use our fancy digital SLR camera. I can’t get a poloroid quality shot out of the thing to save my life!

It’s funny how as adults we somehow think learning should be easier simply because we need to fit it in our schedule!

Ok, I’ve got an hour to spare here, 90 minutes tops, I need to learn professional digital photography in that window of time.

Hah! Right, like that’s gonna happen.

Fotolia 103588 Subscription LThe cool thing is that when I take a step back and look at the big picture, I’m really amazed at how much I’ve learned in the last 2-3 years since I’ve started all this “online” stuff.

Even given the time constraints of being a wife, mom, and trying to work, it actually added up! Yay!

Thank God for coffee…

Give Yourself a Break and Carry On!

So next time you’re trying to learn a new thing, like maybe how to do a little HTML on your blog or how to sew, don’t give-up! If it takes a little while, that’s ok. It’s learning, and it never has been all that fast.

At least not for me! :-)

What new things are you proud to have learned since starting all this “online” stuff?

~Kim


No comments:

Post a Comment