Thursday, July 7, 2011

Truth Be Told

Truth Be Told


Think Twice Dublin EP Review

Posted: 06 Jul 2011 02:07 PM PDT


Think Twice Dublin
Album name: Think Twice Dublin EP
Location: State College, PA


My Review
Finding a great new band is like finding twenty dollars in an old coat pocket. I love that feeling when I'm hearing a band for the first time and I just know, deep down know, that their music will grow to be a favorite of mine. This band, Think Twice Dublin, is one of those bands.


I was given an opportunity to review this band's EP album and I am very excited to share them with you. Think Twice Dublin has this one-of-a kind sound. Once you get to know their music you will be able to pick them out. Their sound is like any other and they definitely stand out among up and coming musicians.

Stapled Skies, the first song on the EP has almost psychedelic like vocals with this quick-type back beat. I don't know how to properly describe it. It's quick and slow at the same time, it's entrancing. This is probably my favorite song. I love every part of it.
17 Mirrors is a song that shows off their eclectic style. The song seems to start off with classic influences but with a raw edge. The song then quickly picks up into an addicting rhythm. It has a creepy vibe; I can almost imagine it being played in a dark bar.

Gull Scream is my favorite instrumental piece on this EP. I think it's clean cut, and it definitely stirs emotions. This is one of those songs you will want to listen to if you are trying to be creative or writing.



I really enjoyed this EP and have to give it a four lantern rating. I wish there was more on there. This band is a shiny little gem. I can't wait to hear more from them. If you live in Pennsylvania (State College) you need to check out their Facebook to see if you can drop in on one of the local shows. If you do, let me know how it went.

You can find Think Twice Dublin on Facebook or watch some of their performances on the Think Twice Dublin YouTube Channel.

Download this EP for free on the Think Twice Dublin Website.

No comments:

Post a Comment