Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Truth Be Told

Truth Be Told


Fallen by Lauren Kate Review

Posted: 27 Dec 2010 11:11 PM PST

Fallen
Written by Lauren Kate
Published In: Dec 2009
496 pages
Paperback UK Version
Fallen Series

Synopsis:
There's something achingly familiar about Daniel Grigori.

Mysterious and aloof, he captures Luce Price's attention from the moment she sees him on her first day at the Sword & Cross boarding school in sultry Savannah, Georgia. He's the one bright spot in a place where cell phones are forbidden, the other students are all screw-ups, and security cameras watch every move.

Even though Daniel wants nothing to do with Luce—and goes out of his way to make that very clear—she can't let it go. Drawn to him like a moth to a flame, she has to find out what Daniel is so desperate to keep secret . . . even if it kills her.

Dangerously exciting and darkly romantic, Fallen is a page turning thriller and the ultimate love story.

My Review:

I don't even know where to begin. I have officially fallen for the Fallen series. Lauren Kate is just one of those natural born authors. Her writing is so fluid and beautiful. I liked the way the book seemed to kind of bounce around in perspectives, but you never really felt lost.


The setting was really interesting to read about. Sword and Cross was easy to imagine, just enough details were provided to make you feel like you're part of the story. I also really enjoyed that all the characters were well rounded. I felt like I knew all of Luce's friends, the characters each had their own distinct voices and personalities.

This book was really easy to get drawn into. You will want to read all 470+ pages in one sitting.

Reading about Luce and Daniel was quite possibly my favorite part. I loved the way Daniel was so hot and cold. It all made sense in the end. Their interactions were so complex, there was so much going on underneath. It was like you had to read between the lines to see their real feelings.

Oh, and although I am totally Team Daniel, well for now anyways, I LOVED Cam. He was so mischievous and bad, and oh-so charming. Plus, the fact that he is just the stellar opposite of Daniel makes him so much more appealing. Dark hair and green eyes, okay, maybe I am rooting for Cam a little bit.

Can we talk about the Cover for just a minute, I mean, this cover is just brilliant. I know mentioning the cover really doesn't get the point of the actual book across but we all love pretty covers. That dress is just to die for. If I had a prom or something along those lines, I would pay big bucks to wear that thing.



Okay, overall, I give Fallen… 5 Lanterns. AMAZING, Brilliant, charming, all of the above and more.

Purchase Fallen on:
 
**Disclosure: I did not receive a copy of this novel to review. I participated in a fundraiser and received a signed copy of this novel.**

No comments:

Post a Comment