Thursday, December 30, 2010

Truth Be Told

Truth Be Told


Top Ten Series' Debuts of 2010!

Posted: 29 Dec 2010 10:35 PM PST

These are some of my choices for this years best series debuts. Although I didn't read every series starter this year, out of the ones I read, these are my top ten.

Each of these novels debuted as book one in a series in 2010.

In no particular order. Although all of these novels were rated 5 stars by Truth Be Told.



1.) The Ivy by Lauren Kunze and Rina Onur:
The Ivy
The Ivy is one of my favorite books of this year. Book two is set to come out in May or June of 2011. Although there is some sexual content, I enjoyed this book. It has to do with college and drama. I love that it is a young adult novel but with college aged main characters. Pick it up if you don't mind sexual content.



2.) Paranormalcy by Kiersten White
Paranormalcy. by Kiersten White
Paranormalcy was one of my favorite paranormal books this year. Evie, the main character is witty and hilarious. Her enthusiasm for a typical teenage life is addictive. Plus, it is totally a clean read and good for any age.



3.) The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting
The Body Finder
This story is mysterious and a thriller. Plus there are some paranormal elements mixed into the story as well. Violet is an interesting character, a girl next door, she is easy to relate to and fun to read about. Plus the relationship with Jay and Violet is really cute to read about as well.



4.) Matched by Ally Condie
Matched
This dystopian is really a stand out novel. It has elements for a great story and is also another clean read, suitable for any age. Matched was a beautiful debut. This really reminds me of the giver, in a good way. It has those big ideas that kind of cause you to question your own life, again, in a good way.



5.) Nightshade by Andrea Cremer
Nightshade: Book 1
Okay. Nightshade was one of my favorite books this year. I LOVED it. Calla is such a tough character. She is someone you kind of look up to in a way. Her confidence is intimidating but adds a different touch to the story. This novel also mixes in elements of history. Great read, some minor sexual content. This is a standout werewolf novel too, although they are werewolves they are more like guardians who shift instantly like fairies.



6.) Firelight by Sophie Jordan.
Firelight
This is totally a unique paranormal novel written by a brilliant writer. Firelight is based on the ideas of Draki, descendants of dragons. This story is set in modern time with an intriguing story line overall. Sophie Jordan shows elements of her romance writing skills in this novel as well, but in a young adult way.



7.) The Cinderella Society
The Cinderella Society
This was one of the first YA books I read this year. I was on a reading drought for some time. Anyways, this one was so interesting. It is one of my favorite Chick Lit's and its also a fun read. Great one to pick up, also discusses those awkward teen issues like figuring out who you are and not changing for anyone.



8.) The Iron King by Julie Kagawa
The Iron King (Harlequin Teen)
This is one of the best Fey Series out there. I LOVE it. Meghan is the kind of main character that readers can relate too and feel sympathetic for at the same time. Plus there is a whole love triangle going on that is causing huge back and forth arguments on twitter. Go Team PUCK! Book 1 and 2 are already out!



9.) Forgive My Fins by Tera Lynn Childs (Naomi's Pick!)
Forgive My Fins
Forgive My Finns has a sort of epic romance. This book puts things in perspective for you, sometimes what you want isn't always the best for you. Makes you realize that sometimes who you think you love isn't who you really love. It shows that people aren't who they say they are. It really just rocked my world! My mind was blown. Plus mermaids and romance, who can resist?



10.) Raised by Wolves by Jennifer Lynn Barnes
Raised by Wolves
This is another different idea in the paranormal world. In this book a teenage girl is raised by a pack of werewolves. She is also added into the pack but isn't necessarily a werewolf. There is a lot more in this novel but I would spoil it completely if I let you in on it. Anyways, just add it to your TBR list.

There were some other books that debuted as a series this year that I think I may enjoy, but I haven't gotten around to reading. These are my personal top ten series debuts of 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment